Sunday 7 July 2013

My favourite home made meal.

I love cooking, don't get me wrong but I think food tastes soooo much better when someone else makes it. 

I'm not sure if it is because you haven't had to look at it for 40 minutes to 2 and a half hours that makes it taste so much better, or the fact that you're make up is steamed off because you've put your head in the oven too many times, watching it. Or if it is just because you're not exhausted when you finally get to eat it. 

Whatever the reason. I love dinners that I haven't cooked but especially those by my nana in the past (her roast dinners were my favourite and for years could only appreciate roast dinners made by my nan) and my mum now make for me. 

I know that if I am at my mums and there is enough to stretch for me to join them, I am there!! I love that my mum is quite experimental in her cooking and I am more than happy to try anything I haven't tried before. 

It's quite difficult and hard work cooking things I would love at home, my other half likes quite basic things. He loves take always whether its McDonald's, Domino's or Indian so if I can replicate that, I'm pretty much onto a winner. I don't get much call to be experimental with food at home so I just don't bother anymore. I haven't the inclination to cook 2 different dinners every night. 

Dinner is very exciting if I go round my mums, or a friends. This isn't a moan. Purely an observation of mine. 

He doesn't even like cake!!! 

(That was definately a moan!!!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment